Following the recent announcement relating to the reopening of gyms issued by the Government of Quebec, we are pleased to inform you that Espace Thomas will resume its regular activities on Thursday June 25, 2020.
Our team will welcome you while ensuring strict compliance with recent government directives. All our services will be immediately available and all monthly subscriptions will be reactivated automatically on the day of our reopening. If you have a suspended prepaid subscription, it will also resume as soon as we reopen.
In order to comply with health protocols and social distancing aimed at protecting our clients and our team, several measures have been put in place.
Whether you are a client or an employee, we ask you not to come to Espace Thomas for at least 14 days if:
i. You have COVID-19 and / or have been in contact with a person who has a confirmed or probable case of infection with COVID-19;
ii. You have traveled outside the country in the past 14 days;
iii. You have symptoms that may resemble COVID-19 such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell.
Sanitary protocol implemented by Espace Thomas:
• We have installed more than 40 stations of disinfectant in different places so that you are able to disinfect your hands and the equipment used;
• We will sanitize our facilities on a daily basis;
• We strongly recommend wearing gloves and a mask. Protective elements will also be available at the store;
• We will distribute a disinfectant spray and a cone to all customers wishing to use the training room to clean your equipment before and after their use and so that you can identify your training area in the room (at the cone help);
• All equipment used during group lessons will be disinfected before and after each session. For boxing lessons, participants MUST bring their own boxing gloves. You can get them at the store of your choice or take advantage of a reduced price of $ 40 at our store;
• For all individual meetings, including private training and massages, staff must wear a mask and gloves. However, if glove wearing proves impossible for a massage therapist, the latter will undergo a safe hand sanitization procedure. As usual, the bedding will be replaced at the end of each session;
• Our employees will ensure compliance with the health protocol in place and any failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your subscription.
Respect for physical distance (2 meters between each individual):
• The number of participants in group courses has been reduced in order to respect the mandatory distance between each client. The programs have also been modified in order to minimize or even avoid trips between exercises;
• The maximum number of clients inside the open gym will be limited to 20 people at a time. You will now need to book your open gym session just like a group class. These sessions, lasting 60 minutes, will start on the hour (9:00, 10:00, 11:00 etc.). It will be possible to reserve a maximum of 2 consecutive blocks. Out of respect for the other members, we ask you, in case of absence, to cancel your reservation. Reservations can be made by phone or through the Mindbody app or on our website (you can download the application for Android HERE or for iOS HERE). On the application, you will find the open gym session under the name « GYM LIBRE ». The GYM LIBRE sessions will accept your monthly Gym subscription or your prepaid sessions. No modification will be required on your part regarding your current subscription. Any presence at Espace Thomas must first be subject to a reservation. No presence without reservation will be tolerated. It will be your responsibility to show up as scheduled and to leave at the scheduled time;
• Physical distance must also be applied in the Spa section as well as on the terrace. Make sure you maintain a distance of 2 meters with everyone on site. You must sit or lie down on the towel or bathrobe provided. These measures may affect the waiting period to access the spa area during busy hours and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
• The changing rooms will remain at your disposal in order to leave your personal belongings in complete safety. However, if possible, and in order to avoid possible gatherings in the locker room, we advise you to change, take your shower and prepare at home.
• Virtual private training will now be offered allowing you to continue to follow private sessions from home. At the same time, private training will resume at Espace Thomas.
We are aware that these are drastic changes – albeit temporary – but since the health of our members and that of our employees is our reason being, we remain convinced that we rather be safe than sorry! In these chaotic times, we are proud to participate in your physical and mental well-being.
Mandatory mask starting July 18:
The wearing of a mask or face cover will be mandatory in all public indoor places starting July 18. If you forgot your mask at home, we offer disposable masks at a cost of $1. A refusal to wear a mask will automatically be a refusal to access our center. Compliance with this regulation must be maintained throughout your presence inside our establishment.
Wearing a mask is mandatory during:
• Travel within our indoor installations
• In the changing rooms (except when showering)
Wearing a mask is NOT mandatory*:
• During a training session when you can keep a 2 meters distance (open gym, group class, private session)
• Sitting inside the sauna or the steam room
• During a massage session
• Resting inside the lounge in the Spa section
• Waiting for a service
• Outside on our terrace
*Social distancing of 2 meters must be respected at all times
Thank you all,
The Espace Thomas Team
 Espace Thomas reserves the right to refuse access to anyone who may present a risk of spread.
 Couples are excluded from this measure but, in order to facilitate the work of our team, we favor respecting this measure for everyone.